Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Lemonade Bike

I finally got a bike! But let me tell you it was not easy. Michelle, another freshman swimmer, needed a bike as well so we decided to go to Target to purchase a bike. We hopped in her little silver Volkswagen Jetta along with Alexis, who is also a freshman swimmer. When we arrived at Target we were sweating and sticky and gross because we thought that it was a great idea to go get these bike in 43 degree weather at noon. After several different targets and other stores we both end up getting a bright yellow beach cruiser…the same one. You would think the bike is the most important thing to pick up but you need the top of the line lock; something that can withstand any storm, fight, nuclear blast. Pretty much a giant piece of titanium. We find the lock, it’s a beauty, it’s a 40 pound metal link chain with a u-lock at the end. We figured out all our bike business and we headed to our car. Challenge numbero 2, fitting two bikes into a Volkswagen Jetta. We folded down her back seats and stuff the bikes through the trunk but they clearly won’t fit but we still tried. There is no other way so the bikes are sticking out the trunk and Alexis and I are sitting on the folded seats holding on the bikes for dear life. Just a reminder, its 43 degrees out, so everything we are doing is in the hot sun. Michelle jumps in the drivers seat and tries to start the car, oh but it doesn’t start. The battery is dead! Like seriously…this is a joke. We’re all grumpy, pissed, and sweaty. I hop out and flag down the mall cop, she looks like she just jumped out of New Moon. She has the biggest fangs I have ever seen in my life. I can’t take this woman seriously. But on that note, she does save the day. The car was jump started after about 4 pages of paper work (what kind of mall cop asks for paperwork to jump start a car). Anyways we make it to the university after a couple hours of bike searching. On the plus side we have beautiful bikes!

I love this new bike. Its my life. I don’t stop talking about this bike. I even named it Jean. Again its my life. I ride the bike around with the biggest smile on my face, and the best part I always get compliments on it. Anyways, the other morning Michelle and I decided that at 530 in the morning we were going to drive to practice (which was a spin class, so we didn’t think it was necessary to bike there). We get to her Jetta, get in, and it doesn’t start again! Okay, that enough, never taking this car again. We are going to get our bikes and I was telling Michelle how I always have bad luck and she was like “yes you do! Whenever I’m with you something bad happens”…well that made me feel good! I was like I got bad luck, literally 0.98732 seconds later the sprinklers go off all over our bikes. HAHA! I turn to her and smile…oops! My bad. We hop on our wet bikes and make our way to our spin class. While biking there, I would hit some bumps and my bike felt wobbly, strange. I hit this big bump and my seat went from horizontal to vertical and my but was on the wheel. I was laughing so hard! This couldn’t go any worse could it. We were late and I kept on biking. Every bump hurt like hell. I finally made it to the class and I couldn’t even sit on a bike seat anymore my butt hurt so much! On our way back from the class, I had an abs work out I had to balance my body so my seat would rock. I was biking sooo slow! I get to our room and in our bike package we were given a screwdriver and I was in my room working on the bike for 20 minutes. I don’t know if I like this bike anymore. However, right now Jean is treating me well, I just got to keep the screwdriver with me at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment