Sunday, August 15, 2010

Goodbye

Goodbye. ¡Adiós. Au revoir. Afscheid. Auf Wiedersehen. Arrivederci. Vaarwel. До свидания.

One word. Goodbye. Who would think that this one word would mean so much when you literally have to say goodbye. Like common, we use it as a see ya later (like a 10 minute type deal) or even as a habit when you end conversation, but to REALLY say goodbye…that’s a whole other ball game. Today I thought, jeez this isn’t that hard to say goodbye to all your friends and family, just a quick hug and send them out the door. However, as the day came to an end and my suitcases started to fill up, every article of clothing, touch of a fabric, and the smell of our organic 100% natural laundry soap brought back a memory. And when I was finally done packing and zipped up my suitcase the reality finally hit; I’m actually going off to college. Even though this was hard to believe that I was leaving I knew that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am going to college in California (where apparently its so hot it will melt your popsicle) how could that get any better! Over this last week people have asked me…are you nervous or excited? Or both? I can’t explain it…its like I am nervous and I have questions on what it will be like there but then that worry is gone in a split second, and I am thinking about what colour my bed sheets are going to be. If I could throw a few emotions out there, a few that jump out are happiness, excitement, fall out of your chair heart attack scared, self accomplishment..oh the list goes on. So for the last time, goodbye Victoria! (however I will be back for all major holidays)

No comments:

Post a Comment